Thanks for visiting our site. As a way of saying "thanks" here's a FREE course on how to make $688 a day online using FREE methods:
So, if you’re reading this, you’re probably an ecommerce store owner, or you’re about to launch an online store for the first time. If that’s you, you may already have niche ideas and what you want to sell, or you could be entirely new to this game and looking to find your niche.
There are plenty of solutions on the market that all promise to source the best wares with the highest profit margins. This kind of tool is typically referred to as niche scraping software or dropshipping product research software. So, don’t let the jargon confuse you – both these terms mean exactly the same thing!
But, it can be hard to find the right niche scraper for your ecommerce business. Anyone looking for a trustworthy and reliable dropshipping research tool is going to want it to:
- Find winning products that haven’t saturated the market
- Provide data about your competitors, potential profits, audience targeting, and Facebook ads
- Easily integrate with your chosen eCommerce platform
- Identify popular niche ideas and trending products
So, bearing all that in mind, we’ve done all the research for you! After all, here at Spocket we’re committed to helping you find the best possible products to sell online. If you’re interested to see how Spocket could help you, why not try our free trial?
We’ve taken a look at some of the most popular niche finder tools out there and cast our eye over what they offer, how much they cost, and what their pros and cons are…so, let’s dive in!
Sellthetrend is considered by many to be the best-of-the-best niche finder, and for a good reason. It’s hassle-free, comprehensive in its product analysis and an excellent tool for finding trending products and patterns.
The software offers over two million active and trending products, with thousands added each day. Sellthetrend states it’s a “powerful 9-in-1 dropshipping tool” that makes it easy to discover winning products, by taking the guesswork out of product selection.
So, what are these 9-in-1 tools they mention?
Let’s take a look at the top 5:
- The Nexus Research Machine: Sellthetrend considers this to be a game-changing tool for product research. It tells you in an instant which items are best sellers right now.
- Dropship Product Explorer: This helps filter your search by keyword, niche, what’s trending, what’s hot, or by items that have been recently published.
- Shopify Store Explorer: Here, you get access to thousands of successful dropshipping niche stores. You can see which products are selling right now and what’s currently trending.
- Facebook Ad Explorer: This empowers you to discover the products people are currently engaging with on Facebook.
- Retail Trend Explorer: Track which Aliexpress products are trending, new, hot, or hidden with this feature. Best of all, you can add an Aliexpress product link manually and Sellthetrend will start following it in real-time for you.
For dropshipping Aliexpress products, consider downloading Aliscraper. This way, You’ll be able to instantly import products into your store as you discover them.
Not only that, but there’s also an ‘Amazon Trend Explorer’, a video ads creator, and a Facebook audience builder. Last but not least, Sellthetrend even offers an Instagram and Twitter ‘Engagement Calculator.’
So, if you want to see whether an influencer is worth spending money on, this is the tool for you – you just plug the specific influencer into the calculator and it determines their earning potential for you.
- Monthly: $39.97/month, discounted at the moment from $99.97
- Annually: $32.97/per month, lowered at the moment from $99.97
Sellthetrend also offers a 7-day free trial, so that you can try the software before you commit to it.
- Cuts the time of searching for hot, trending, and products with potential. In fact, The Nexus Explorer helps you find relevant products in seconds.
- Sellthetrend’s product analytics are top-notch
- Excellent tutorials – these videos helpfully explain how you can make effective use out of the research tool.
- Fantastic product filters for streamlining your search
- Sellthetrend is more expensive than some of its competitors. But, it offers lots of excellent features
- For some, the pricing may just be too high – especially for newbies with limited budgets.
- Some users complain that their ‘winning product trends’ need further development.
Dropship Spy is an excellent niche scraper for Shopify users. The company says it’s: “Helping dropshippers make money online by providing access to thousands of proven winning products and all the tools you’ll need to sell them.”
Dropship Spy’s key feature is called Product Spy. This permits you to search AliExpress products to see whether an item is “Hot or Not” and its rating in the past week.
There’s also another feature, Store Spy. This generates data about top-selling products, who’s buying them and highlights the conversion rates of your competitor’s Facebook ads.
Lastly, Dropship Spy also has a tool to help you build an audience via Facebook. This provides you with targeted suggestions depending on the niche you’re selling in. There are even ad templates and videos, plus a database that suggests Instagram Influencers who may want to promote your products.
There’s just one price plan that currently costs $20 a month, although the site says the monthly rate is usually $60 a month.
- You can use Dropship Spy with any ecommerce platform
- It’s an affordable option
- It’s great for helping you kickstart your influencer marketing campaigns on Instagram
- They provide excellent tutorial videos that help you make the most out of what Dropship Spy has to offer
- There’s no free option
- Dropship Spy only adds five new products a day
- Some users report that Dropship Spy’s products can be a tad ‘hit and miss.’
- The Facebook targeting tool can be a bit off, so you’ll still have to do some research yourself.
AliShark provides you with helpful information about AliExpress products.
AliShark brings to your attention the best selling AliExpress products in different countries, as well as who’s buying them. With this info at your disposal, you’ll be in a better position to judge whether the product you’re considering will generate a profit.
Its core features include:
- Real-time data concerning all their new products. You can see what’s selling best on AliExpress on an hourly basis!
- Access to an advanced feature to help you find new products that haven’t hit the best-seller list (yet!). You can filter products by category, country, niche, price, reviews, and shipping.
AliShark also provides you with product videos, as well as the following info about the items:
- Number of orders
- The top buying countries
- Sales history
AliShark even highlights other Shopify (and e-commerce stores on different platforms) that also sell the product in question.
You can enjoy a two-day trial for just $1. After that, rates are $20 a month.
- Access to an inexpensive $1 trial
- AliShark boasts an affordable monthly free
- The advanced filter comes in very handy – it’s a real time saver!
- AliShark’s product data is incredibly in-depth
- There are more than 2 million products to choose from
- There’s a helpful (if lengthy) review of AliShark’s user interface on their website
- AliShark’s customer support is somewhat limited, you can only contact them via email.
- There’s no feature for hunting down your competitor’s Facebook ads
- In comparison to its competitors, AliShark doesn’t provide too many self-help resources
Product Mafia is one of the newest kids on the block where dropshipping niche finder tools are concerned. It’s UK-based, and provides product and advert research features.
Product Mafia adds new products to its catalog daily, where you can peruse and upload new items to your store. Not only that, but you also get access to:
- Facebook ad copy that’s proven to convert
- Data on target audiences and demographics
- Access to unlimited data (on their paid-for plans)
- Access to thousands of products
What kind of product data does Product Mafia provide?
- Profit margins
- General analytics
- Facebook ads that are currently running to promote the product
- Dropshipping Supplier research
- Product photos and video links
- Facebook targeting information
Product Mafia gathers all this data together and presents it in one centralized place. Needless to say, this makes niche picking and finding the best products to sell in your store so much easier.
Product Mafia seamlessly integrates with Amazon, eBay, WooCommerce, and Shopify, to make uploading items to whatever sales channel you’re using a breeze.
However, its core feature is called Product Spy. This permits you to examine all the products uploaded by Product Mafia. You can filter, by niche, see analytics on individual products and then choose them to sell on your store if you think they’ll make you money.
You can try Product Mafia for $1 during the first month, then after that, it’s $49 a month.
- Product Spy is easy to navigate
- The how-to demo videos are really informative
- There’s a useful blog and support forum
- It’s less well-known, so fewer people are looking at its products, giving you a competitive edge
- Some users report that Product Spy’s customer service is slow to respond to their queries. But, the majority of these complaints appeared to surface before Product Spy overhauled its customer support strategy. So, take these comments with a pinch of salt!
- Some aspects of the software have been described as ‘clunky.’
Pexda says it has “everything you need to take your business to the next level.” It sells itself as a tool that enables you to find products that have been sourced via “data-driven product research that creates first-mover advantages.”
Pexda’s key features include:
- Information on product costs
- Figures on how many times the product’s been ordered before
- Shipping prices
- Product reviewer ratings, feedback, and a score out of 100 as to how positively users rated it
One of Pexda’s standout features is its profit calculator, which shows how much (potential) profit you could make per product. This breaks down the following info:
- Selling price
- The actual product cost
- Shipping costs
- Profit margin
- The average CPA (cost per action)
- Net ROI
You can also see which of your competitors were selling the same product and when. But, unfortunately, this info isn’t available on all products.
At the time of writing, there was a 50% off sale, but the costs below are the full standard prices:
- The Standard Plan: $1.95 for 14 days and then $29.95 a month after that
- The Premium Plan: $49.95 a month
- The Ultimate Plan: $199.95 a month
- Access to prewritten product descriptions
- Products are added every day
- It’s easy to see which products are trending in real-time
- Access to 24/7 support, a Facebook ad report, and useful features (regardless of your pricing plan)
- There’s a 3-day delay on accessing new products with the Standard Plan
- Pexda doesn’t provide any webinars or video-based self-help resources.
- Some users report that they’d like to see more products added each day
Thieve describes itself as “a curated list of products you can buy direct from AliExpress.”
Thieve’s a start-up based in New Zealand, it’s selling point is that the products on its pages are put together by creatives, namely photographers, bloggers, designers, and so on.
In-house moderators check the ratings, value, and shipping costs for each product before it’s published on Thieve’s product catalog. Each of Thieve’s product pages provides a link to the item’s AliExpress listing. Here you can see an in-depth description and buy what you need directly from the manufacturer.
So, how does Thieve make its money?
To answer that question, they turn a profit by taking a small cut from the AliExpress sales their users complete.
Thieve’s home page is incredibly easy to navigate. Its products are categorized by niche – so you can head over to niche ideas and products that interest you straight away.
If you opt for the ‘Thieve Supply’ package, You’ll get access to:
- Most popular products by demographic
- A Conversion score per product based on click-throughs
- Advanced filters for conversions, price range, sales, etc.
Thieve Supply Pro is Thieve’s most extensive package. Here you get studio photographed products, videos, professionaly written product descriptions, and formatted product specifications. You also get access to pre-release and weekly premium products.
- Thieve is free to browse
- Thieve Supply: $29 a month or $278 annually
- Thieve Supply Pro: $99 a month or $950 annually
- It’s easy to navigate
- It’s covered by AliExpress Buyer Protection for refunds on undelivered, faulty or inferior products
- Thieve’s compatible with Shopify, WooCommerce and many other ecommerce platforms
- You get access to tons of high-quality products
- Thieve.co is just a browsing site until you subscribe
- There’s no free trial
- Some users complain there are a few bugs that need fixing
Ecomhunt describes itself as: “a curation of the best products every day.” Their researchers manually add items to their catalog that are sourced mainly from AliExpress. However, they don’t just settle for any old product. Instead, they use a list of criteria and data to find the most popular selling products offering the highest profit margins.
Some remarkable features include Adhunter, a tool for analyzing competitors facebook ads and product analytics that reports the average product prices and potential profits. You’ll also be able to access product videos, copy, and images that you can use on your own store.
Of course, we can’t forget Ecomhunt’s targeting features. These provide a decent insight into where you should be marketing your products based on your brand’s core demographic.
Last but not least, Ecomhunt guarantees they only list products that are:
- Boast high engagement rates on social media networks
- Selling well on other online stores
What’s not to love about that?!
The pricing plans are pretty simple. Ecomhunt offers a free package with limited features. Whereas, their paid plan is $29 a month. But at the time of writing, this was discounted by 30% to $20 a month. It’s also worth noting that Ecomhunt’s newest products are offered to their paying members first and then to their free members.
There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee you can utilize if you’re unhappy with the software.
- Ecomhunt provides excellent insight into your competitors Facebook marketing strategies – for free!
- You get access to trending products in lots of niches that have track records of selling well.
- The product analytics are second to none.
- The free membership plan is limited. You have to pay for the best features.
- Some users complain that Ecomhunt should add more products daily
- Apparently, the audience targeting tools can be a tad ‘hit and miss
Out of all the products on this list, Niche Scraper is probably the most mentioned online and talked about by ex-Facebook and Instagram employees. Niche Scraper says using it will “reveal winning products.” They also say that it’s: “The #1 Product Research Software Trusted by Top Dropshippers.”
Niche Scraper’s features are split into four categories:
- Product discovery
- Market research
- Marketing tools
All of these pretty much do what they say on the tin. Product discovery allows you to find hand-picked and curated products from AliExpress. You can filter products by niche, how they’re selling, who else is selling it, and potential profits. There’s also an automated product scraper that operates in real-time to find the best selling products on AliExpress.
The market research feature is where you get to see what’s selling and ranking highest in terms of Shopify stores.
But, Niche Scraper’s most stand out feature is its marketing tools, something a lot of its competitors just aren’t offering. Here you can generate a Facebook video ad with royalty-free music and images to enhance your products.
- You can create a free account where you can conduct several free searches in each category (no credit card required).
- Pro Plan: $39 a month
- It’s intuitive to use
- The self-help resources available are excellent
- There’s a one-click integration option for Shopify users
- The videomaker is a fabulous tool – especially if you’re new to video marketing!
- The free option gives you a limited number of scrapes
- It’s one of the more expensive options on this list
- Some users say they would like to see more data about their winning items
SalesSource differs slightly from some of the other niche research tools here. Namely, because it reaches beyond sourcing product data and prices for you. It also offers marketing and store design services.
In fact, it has over 100 features and 100,000,000 products to choose from!
But, like all the other niche finder tools we’ve talked about so far, SalesSource also sources products, provides data about their popularity, price, ratings, and profitability. All this is visible at a glance on SaleSource’s easy-to-view dashboard.
You can also see who the top dropshipping suppliers are for each product you’re interested in selling, and grab trending items before they are saturated.
There are three pricing plans to choose from:
- Essential: $49 a month if you pay monthly or $29 a month if you pay annually
- Pro: $99 a month if you pay monthly or $59 a month if you pay annually
- Elite: $299 a month if you pay monthly or $199 a month if you pay annually
- There’s a free trial
- Competitive prices if you pay annually
- Access to 24/7 live chat support
- SalesSource is a complete sales tool
- You can add/remove features as and when you need them
- There’s a handy blog
- You’ll have to pay for add-ons to get full use out of SalesSource
- Configuration and setup is complicated
- It can take a while to familiarize yourself with all its features
Intelligyence has more than 2.5 million products for you to browse through, sourced from AliExpress, eBay, and Amazon too. As with all the tools mentioned above, Intelligyence also enables you to spy on what is (and isn’t selling), and who’s marketing these products.
Intelligyence provides users with a Keyword Generator Tool. This built-in feature instantly generates thousands of targeted keywords relevant to your niche. So, you can see which products are the most profitable and popular. It’s also a great source of inspiration if you’re looking to find your niche.!
In addition to that, there’s also the ‘Best Sellers Tool.’ This shows you 380 categories of products and the best selling items in these niches. Best of all, this list is updated hourly.
Last but not least, there’s the product data analysis. There are a whopping 33 columns of data per product, including weight, size, reviews, video availability, estimated monthly sales and revenue, stock availability, and more.
Intelligyence has other fabulous features, but we don’t have time to list them all here in this review!
- The monthly option: $49 a month (currently discounted to $39 a month)
- The yearly option: $99 a year, (currently discounted to $79 a year)
- The lifetime option: $197 (one-off price), presently cut to ($99 a year)
- You get access to lots of features
- The keyword search tool is excellent
- You can download product reviews onto your Shopify store
- It’s an expensive option
- The user-friendliness of the dashboard could be improved
- You have to have a high-quality internet connection for Intelligyence to run smoothly
Hot Product.io has over 200 products in the catalog to choose from, and this is added to daily. They also promise to always have hot products available across multiple dropshipping niches.
Hot Product.io offers many features, including:
- Grouped suggestions: Hot Product.io groups their product suggestions according to their level of ‘hotness.’ So, you can focus on both “hot” and “warm” products, which increases the likelihood of selling winning products.
- 1 click import: You can import the ‘hot products’ you’ve selected onto your Shopify store with just a click, Uploading the product title, recommended retail pricing, a high-converting sales description, and images.
- A Facebook video ad generator: Video ads on Facebook make up a massive portion of advertisements on this platform. So, Hot Product.io has the tools you need to design and generate your own product videos.
- Facebook Ads Audience Builder: Hot Product.io provides suggestions for the kinds of audiences you should be targeting your Facebook ads to, based on every niche.
Product analysis: For each product, you get a rundown of the following: ad engagement stats, Facebook targeting interests, pricing recommendations, and links to several AliExpress suppliers (if applicable) selling the same product.
- Pro: $69 per month (on offer now for $27 per month); Or, $21 a month if you pay annually.
- Elite: $99 per month (on offer now for $47 per month); Or, $29 per month if you pay annually.
- Hot Product.io offers in-depth information and relevant analytics that aid the user’s product selection decisions.
- Access to 24/7 chat support
- Hot products are added daily
- Hot Product.io provides product categories and suggestions to help narrow down your search.
- Hot Product.io provides excellent value for money
- Sometimes Hot Product.io requires a few extra clicks to find the info you need – i.e., the navigation could be simplified.
- It doesn’t offer a free trial but instead provides a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Some users complain Hot Product.io takes too long to respond to emails.
FindNiche is a free product scraping tool designed for AliExpress and Shopify users. With over 2 million products to choose from, 11,000 dropshipping niches and 700K stores, Find Niche offers a lot.
FindNiche provides analytics on winning products (ones with higher demands at the moment), as well as ones that aren’t trending at present. However, these not-so-popular products boast high-profit margins and trending stores.
Their extensive filters help you narrow down your product search. Plus, you’ll get access to product data, such as prices, orders, trends, and related items. Country-specific performance charts and analytics are also available, which unquestionably come in handy if you’re targeting a specific location.
- There’s a free plan!
- Premium was $99 – the website states it’s now free, but it may only be free if you invite friends to join (and they sign up).
- There’s a starter plan you can use for free
- Products get updated daily
- FindNiche’s advanced filters speed up your product search
- Extracting product data is easy
- FindNiche’s analytics on winning, trending, and secret products are very helpful
- There’s confusion over FindNiche’s pricing plans. On its website, they state the Premium plan is “now free,” but underneath it states, “invite friends to earn for free”; this has thrown a few prospective users.
- You can’t download AliExpress product reviews directly onto your Shopify store.
- There’s no tool for spying on your competitor’s Facebook ads.
Ready to Pick the Right Niche Scraping Software for Your Business?
So now you have it, a comprehensive look at the best niche scraping software on the market.
There’s plenty of great options for all store owners to try and experiment with, and ultimately it is your choice to go with what works best for you. You can try out the free trials and pair them with our platform for an all encompassing eCommerce store, ready to convert traffic to long term customers.
Once you find your niche and are ready to take your store to the next level, Spocket is here to grow with you, and support you with an array of US and EU dropshipping suppliers and a free trial. Let us know if you agree or not, and tell us how you get along using these programs!