ECommerce or e-commerce trades in products or services through computer networks. B2C and B2B are common labels for consumer and e-commerce businesses and use technologies such as mobile commerce, internet marketing, online transaction processing and several others.
Today, almost everything in the world is sold online, and this makes e-commerce and website design more relevant than ever before.
An ecommerce site is as good as a virtual store. Just like when we enter a store, the general ambience should appeal to us while we are in business. There are always personal likes and dislikes, but the overall look of the website should be offensive and compelling.
It was reported in 1984 that Gateshead SIS / Tesco was the first B2C system to be purchased online and Mrs. Snowball, 72 is the first customer online. In 2015, Amazon ranked the world’s largest ecommerce site, accounting for more than half of total ecommerce growth.
Good ecommerce site guidelines:
If you sell one product, you will need only one page or at most several pages. How many pages exist between the start and end pages for disposal is an important question. If there are multiple products, more pages are given.
Design – If it is an already established product, some design concepts have already been established and will need to be followed carefully. Match the images you post with the feel of the website. They should not clash.
The Three Basics of a Good Ecommerce Website
Reliability, simplicity / ease of use, and transparency (contact information, merchant policies, posting reviews, and responding to negative)
Good ecommerce websites follow some of the best practices like
Using good pictures and lots of them – photos from every angle and zooming in too.
Indicate product scarcity .. as in ‘only 2 remaining’. Many buy so they don’t want to miss what everyone else seemed to do!
And the related products.
What are the disadvantages of a bad ecommerce site?
- The lack of a clear value proposition and the difficulty in conveying what they have to sell
- There is not enough product description
- Failure to use quality photography
- There is no visual hierarchy – these visual elements must be given importance that requires action,
- It doesn’t look reliable – it doesn’t hope for the viewer. This is especially true of health-related websites, where design is seen to have more impact than content itself! The lack of good customer testimonials and the favorable print mentions and the absence of any interesting website information are the downsides of a bad ecommerce site.
- Reluctant to try new fresh web design ideas
How to make a website?
Using drag and drop website builder is a good idea for beginners, not to approach the developer where there will be technical issues, plus huge costs. Other routes use WordPress, which is a premium web site build package. Custom web sites are designed to approach professional web designers / design companies that build a unique web for you. The last two are quite expensive. In the range of several hundred to thousands of dollars.