Thanks for visiting our site. As a way of saying "thanks" here's a FREE course on how to make $688 a day online using FREE methods:
WHAT IS DROPSHIPPING & ECOMMERCE DROPSHIPPING PLATFORM?
For traditional trading, stores will import products from / several vendors selling those on the site. When a buyer places an order, the store will deliver the goods directly from their stock to the buyer. Then, when the products (soon to be shipped) are in stock, stores need to import more items from the importer.
Dropshipping is a completely different a way of running a business.
With dropshipping, there is no need to keep products available in stock. The store can still display and advertise dropshipping items on their website without importing products from the beginning.
When there is a new order on the site, the store owner / administrator will manually forward that order, including purchased items and customer information, to dropshippers (this process may also be automatic). Captains will then be responsible for the remaining steps of order execution (packaging and shipping).
There are many benefits to managing this type of business, such as ease of setup, low cost to start an online business, minimal overhead, location independence, various types of products for sale, and high scalability. It is therefore immensely suitable for start-ups or businesses seeking change and product flexibility.
On the other hand, there are a few other shipping defects that you should keep in mind, such as low profit margins, no quality control and quantity of products in stock, uncontrolled shipping costs and great competition.
- Drop Ship Suppliers / Dropshipping: AliExpress, Alibaba, MegaGoods, Wholesale Central
- Dropshing Services: Dropship Direct, Wholesale2B, Age, Oberlo, Salehoo
- Dropshipping Companies: Wayfair, Missguided, Haus, Helly Hensen, $ 6 Shirts, SoAesthetic, Karat
How to start a dropshipping business?
To start a dropshipping business, the first step is to select the target market and the products you want to sell. The second step is to carefully select your dropship supplier. The third step is deciding on the proper e-commerce platform for dropshipping. While some prefer to sell on eBay, Amazon, others want to choose a trusted ecommerce platform and develop a unique site to sell their selected products.
How to choose the most appropriate dropshipping e-commerce platform?
There are now plenty of e-commerce platforms for Dropshipping business owners to choose from. For example Magento, Prestashop, Shopify, BigCommerce, OpenCart, 3dCart, osCommerce, WooCommerce, WP eCommerce, Drupal, Spree, and so on.
To help you choose your ecommerce platform, we suggest that you compare these platforms based on 5 fundamental criteria:
- Installation time and cost
- Ecommerce Features
- Ease of use
In this blog, we will compare the five most popular e-commerce platforms for dropshipping using the factors above. Let’s start!
WHAT ARE THE BEST ECOMMERCE PLANS FOR REDUCING BUSINESS?
Needless to say, Magento has become one of the most powerful e-commerce platforms to date. There are two versions (Magento 1 and Magento 2 – highly recommended) and two editions (Magento Open Source – free and Magento Commerce – premium) for the owner to choose from.
- Installation time and cost: As mentioned before, there are two Magento releases, but free (open source) is enough to run a Dropship business. However, building a Magento dropshipping website requires extensive technical knowledge so you may need to hire Magento developers. And obviously, it costs. Generally, you will need to invest $ 3,000 to $ 5,000 and spend 1-3 months to build Magento websites. Contact us to get a detailed quote for your Magento dropshipping website development project.
- Ecommerce Features: It is true to say that Magento provides everything that a Dropship company can offer, and even more. By default, the Magento site has high page load speed, easy and smooth sign-out, beautiful product and catalog pages, SEO and marketing tools, comprehensive page management and high security. Learn more about Magento ecommerce features here.
- Ease of use: At the front of the Magento website they are very useful. On the contrary, on the back, it will be quite complicated for administrators who are just beginners with no technical knowledge. However, after a brief experience with Magento websites and thanks to detailed Magento user guides, store owners can effectively and professionally monitor their websites.
- scalability: Magento is the most scalable e-commerce platform for dropshipping among the top five. Not only does it allow you to create a great website from scratch with a small number of products, it also supports you when your business grows. You can add an unlimited number of products, catalogs and handle an unlimited number of orders.
- Support: As Magento is a widely used e-commerce platform, there is no difficulty in asking for help from either Magento officials, the Magento community (forum) or even Youtber who publish tutorials on Magento on Youtube. In addition, if you can’t get help from these sources, let’s consider hiring a trusted Magento agency to provide you with support packages.
To integrate dropshipping functionality into the Magento website, you will need to install a third-party extension ($ 0-950).
Another popular e-commerce platform for dropshipping is WooCommerce. If what you expect for your store is just very basic functionality and ease of use, WooCommerce might be the ideal solution.
Compared to Magento, WooCommerce has less advanced ecommerce features; in turn, it is more useful for beginners. However, from a developer’s point of view, this platform is difficult to customize and most of its functionality must be acquired by third-party plugins.
- Installation time and cost: In fact, WooCommerce is just a free addition to the WordPress framework. Therefore, you will first need to develop a WordPress website and then install the WooCommerce plugin on your store. Generally, it takes less time to build a WooCommerce (WordPress) website than Magento if you are a developer. Therefore, if you are a non-technical user, you may need the help of a developer on the site. In addition, the cost of the WooCommerce website often ranges from $ 1,500-3,500; but if you need a lot of advanced features, you’ll have to spend significantly more for add-ons and customization. Contact us to get a detailed quote for your WooCommerce dropshipping web development project.
- Ecommerce Features: Your WooCommerce website will be equipped with basic and basic e-commerce features such as product, catalog and inventory management, pre-installed payment gateways, support for geolocation, automatic taxation and shipping calculation, multiple shipping methods, discount and coupon codes, report about sales and so on. If you want to upgrade your website, there are over 75,000 WooCommerce plugins available.
- Ease of use: Thanks to its simple, intuitive and clean user interface, WooCommerce is quite easy to use even for newborns. What’s more, the WooCommerce Docs guide is very comprehensive, which is a valuable resource for store owners to effectively manage their website.
- scalability: WooCommerce seems to be more appropriate for small drug businesses. If you have a medium to large ecommerce store, let’s go with Magento. When the number of products on your WooCommerce site increases, its performance will be adversely affected.
- Support: When there is a problem, you can find solutions by searching the Woo documentation or contacting Woo support.
Similar to Magento, to integrate the dropshipping feature on the WooCommerce website, you will need to install a third-party plugin (starting at $ 49).
The third name on the list of top e-commerce platforms for dropshipping is Shopify. So far, Shopify has empowered nearly 600,000 e-commerce stores worldwide, including Dropshipping. Oberlo, a special add-on that works exclusively on Shopify, will help you find products to sell from Oberlo Verified, Oberlo, or AliExpress.
- Installation time and cost: Unlike the other Dropshipping e-commerce platform above, you have to pay Shopify a monthly fee for using the platform, and it ranges from $ 29 to $ 299 per month. In addition, you may need to purchase a theme for the site. While there are 100 Shopfiy themes you have selected, only 10 are free. Additionally, it’s worth noting that Shopify will charge you a certain amount per sale if you integrate an external payment gateway instead of Shopify Payments. Hello time to set up a website, this is a huge advantage of Shopify. It only takes a few hours or days to create a new Shopify store.
- Ecommerce Features: In general, Shopify provides quite a few useful features for Dropship ecommerce stores, ranging from theme settings, products, orders and customer management, credit card payments, multiple taxes, languages and currencies, unlimited hosting, search engine optimization and so on. In a previous blog post, we did an extensive comparison of Magento and Shopify, you can read here.
- Ease of use: If you are technically unlucky, Shopify might be a good option. It doesn’t take you long to get used to this platform. To create a site, you just have to log in, select a package, select your favorite theme, and start customizing it.
- scalability: Shopify is a scalable platform and you can easily scale up or down your business by choosing the advanced package.
- Support: Shopify offers multiple support channels – via email, phone, live chat, forums. However, some users have complained that live chat is really just an automated robot system that can’t help solving our problems, but collects our email address so the Shopify team can send a response later.
OpenCart is a free dropshipping ecommerce platform that you should keep an eye on. Magento and OpenCart also share many similarities – free, open source, powerful and more tech-savvy than beginners. But as the Magento community is larger and far more robust than the OpenCart community, and with Magento more themes and extensions, OpenCart is less popular.
- Installation time and cost: OpenCart is open source and free to buy. Furthermore, you will receive lifetime free support and free software updates when you choose OpenCart for your e-commerce platform with counters. So the main expense comes from hiring developers and website designers to build your store. In addition, it will take you 2-5 months to build your website.
- Ecommerce Features: OpenCart stands out here in terms of ecommerce functionality – unlimited products and categories, multi-currency support, integrated payment gateways, different delivery methods, creating coupons for marketing, available backup and restore tools, detailed sales report, and so on.
- Ease of use: OpenCart is preferred for those who have some level of website development and site setup. However, this does not mean that OpenCart is difficult for a beginner to learn how to use the platform, thanks to its user-friendly and clean interface.
- scalability: This is not a plus for OpenCart. This platform is definitely more suitable for SMEs e-commerce.
- Support: To get support from OpenCart, you can get in touch with them by creating tickets or emailing the support team. Moreover, you can join the OpenCart forum and ask for help from other members.
There are several dropshipping extensions on the market, starting at $ 99.
The latest suggestion on the list of e-commerce platforms for Dropshipping is BigCommerce. So far, over 50,000 ecommerce sites operate on BigCommerce worldwide. Like Shopify, BigCommerce offers several monthly options, ranging from $ 29.95 to $ 249.95 with acceptable transaction fees.
- Installation time and cost: As mentioned before, BigCommerce offers three packages (Standard, Plus and Pro). It also offers an unpublished business version, so you need to contact the BigCommerce team to find out their custom pricing. Plus, it’s quick and easy to set up a BigCommerce website. What you need to register an account, select a template and start customizing your store. It is available for 15 days for trial, after which you must purchase a specific package.
- Ecommerce Features: BigCommerce offers all the ecommerce features you get started with, such as order and inventory management, product and catalog creation, multiple payment gateways supported, marketing features integrated with ShipperHQ and ShipStation for shipping, and Avalara for tax automation, etc.
- Ease of use: For most ecommerce solutions, including BigCommerce, it is not new to newborns. Once you have selected the right topic, it is easy to customize as you want without strong technical knowledge.
- scalability: Because of the different monthly plans, it is not difficult for you to grow your fast growing business when choosing BigCommerce e-commerce platform for Dropshipping.
- Support: The Shopify and BigCommerce e-commerce platforms for dropshipping provide support via email, live chat, phone and forums. Another way to look for support is to find a solution on your own with BigCommerce Resource Center.
WHAT IS THE BEST ECOMMERCE APPLICATION PLATFORM FOR A RESIDENCE IN 2019?
Undoubtedly all the dropshipping e-commerce platforms we mentioned are amazing, but we are more inclined to Magento and WooCommerce. These two platforms account for the highest percentage of e-commerce sites worldwide due to their high level of stability, flexibility and scalability. If you would like to receive more tips or quotes for developing your website using one of these dropshipping e-commerce platforms, do not hesitate to contact us immediately.
20 huge benefits of Magento ecommerce development
Magento Vs Wix: What Should We Choose in 2019?
Request free quotes and consulting for your Magento 2 development project
Magento vs WordPress 2018 Comparison Comparison
Magento 2 vs Shopify: 10 Key Differences – One Winner
Thanks for visiting our site. As a way of saying "thanks" here's a FREE course on how to make $688 a day online using FREE methods: