Many of the most popular social networking sites started out as more of a personal meeting place for friends, but have quickly become a powerful tool for companies to market their products and services.
Statistics will tell you that participating in social networking can increase your business by the jump. Social media is now the number one activity on the web and can bring more power to your business than ever before.
Over 90% of marketers use social media for their business. Twitter is the second most popular social media site and should definitely be part of your social marketing arsenal.
Below are ten tactics you can use to increase your sales and make your business more successful.
1. Be consistent – Nothing can kill an account on social networks like an inactive user. Don’t think you can post once or twice a month and still be active. You have to be consistent and you have to be involved. Make a tweet schedule and stick to it. Retweet things that interest you. People are active at different times, so tweets that interest you once will not get the results you need.
2. Always respond to comments – By always responding to a comment, you acknowledge that person and let them know what they have to say for you. This will encourage more people to interact with you and will build the relationship needed to create a lasting business relationship. Responding promptly to all comments, your credibility will blossom and your reputation will be made known. Ignoring the comments will lead to potential leadership for your business.
3. Develop potential leads – Keeping a gift on Twitter can not only bring you new leads, but can also improve your search engine rankings. Have people enter the login page and send a specific tweet. This tweet contains your link and relevant keywords. You can also look for people who would be interested in your submission for more possible applications. If you donate natural cosmetics, then use these keywords to find people who would like to win this award. Let them know about your giving and what they have to do. Once your gift is complete, you can use the attendee list to identify viable clients for your business.
4. Use Photos or Pictures – As you probably already know, pictures and photos can greatly increase the response to a post or tweet, so it should definitely be taken into consideration. Emotions affect how we buy and what we don’t buy, so we use photos to detect the emotions needed to encourage a person to decide to buy your products and / or services.
5. Promotions and Discounts – Regularly tweet discounts, coupons and special offers. Let your followers know that you always have something to benefit from. Get creative and make these unique specialties. Holidays are a great time for fun promotions and competitions. One I always like is the hunt for Easter eggs. Be the first to find a hidden Easter egg on our site and get 50% off your first order. You can take them one step further and have different colored eggs with each color offering a different reward.
6. Hashtags – By simply using hashtags, you can increase the chance of your tweet being found and read. People who search for specific tweets can find you through your hashtag. Your hashtag can also build your brand. Hashtags can stir up a buzz about a particular business or marketing campaign. For example: Domino’s Pizza asked people to tweet with the hashtag #letsdolunch. Once a certain amount of tweets are posted, Domino will reduce their prices by 50% after some time. You can also use hashtags in your contests and giveaways.
7. Make it mobile – make sure you are mobile-friendly. More and more people are launching every day, and you need to make sure that your websites and pages can be viewed properly on mobile devices. Make sure you take advantage of Twitter’s mobile features.
8. Share testimonials – Periodically tweet short fresh testimonials from your customers. For example: Thanks John who says: Using #ZitBeGone has given me more confidence to succeed every day! Tweets like this can help potential buyers reinforce the need to visit your website and possibly buy your products.
9. Schedule Tweets – It’s impossible for us to send tweets 24/7 on Twitter, so the best thing to do is schedule tweets on a regular basis. When you schedule tweets, the first thing to do is determine the best times to tweet. Tweriod is a free tool that can help you find out the best times to tweet. They will analyze the tweets of your followers to find out when they are active on Twitter and when you should be active. If this time is difficult for you to tweet, you can use tools like Hootsuite to schedule these tweets. Using these tools, you can stay active all the time by keeping your Twitter account alive, helping to attract more leads.
10. Customer Search – You can use your Twitter account to search and find customers. By using keywords related to your products, you can find people who are talking about those products and then you can provide the solution they are looking for. Engage in these discussions to be available to help find solutions. Find these leads with the Twitter Search feature. You can also use a tool called Tweetdeck to set up your search. Respond to these people quickly and make a connection. Many people will get into the first job that meets their needs.
These ten tactics are just the tip of the iceberg on social media. Use social media in every possible way and take the time to map out your strategy. Social media is here to stay, so don’t resist them, embrace them!